Subject: Re: subscribe
From: [email-masked] (Kevin Bagley)
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 1994 11:05:28 -0700 (PDT)

> 
> > Hi, can you tell me if i am subscribed to the lightwave mailing list... I DO
> > NOT WANT TO BE!!!
> 
> You don't appear to be on the list anymore.  If you still get messages, let
> me know so I can trace it.  Thanks.
> Dan
> 

Did you mean to post this to the list, or was this one of those
cases where hitting the 'Reply' key was an automatic reaction?  ;-)

I think changing back to the Reply-to field being the list was a
mistake. A couple of people complained about low volume and zowie!, it
reverted back. Frankly, I was relieved to see the volume reduced to
some meaningful postings. I frankly get very tired of seeing postings
that amount to 'I agree' or 'Me too'.  If people had to issue a little
effort, then amount of noise would be reduced and we wouldn't have to
worry so much about people like Allen Hastings wanting to drop the list
due to heavy volume (much of it is just noise.)

Yes, I know.  This is not a meaningful (read lightwave related) posting.

People would get used to the reply-to field being the sender.
It's very easy to create an alias for the lightwave-l for mailing.

 _____  Kevin Bagley  [email-masked]  206-743-6659   NSS 32881
  )___)  _    _   _   Quote for the day:     "I Hate Computers!"
_/___)  (_(__(_)_/_)_ Disclaimer: I don't think, therefore I am not.
______________/                   (I think!)